Nothing getting Cached

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I installed the Cache module on a local Orchard 1.3 instance (Sebastien, this is a copy of the JobsBlog site on my local machine). The feature is enabled and I left everything at the default settings. It does not appear to be caching any pages however. Just anecdotaly refreshing the pages they don't seem to be getting served from the cache, and looking at the Statistics page in the dashboard it's not listing anything as being cached. Any idea what could be wrong, or is there possibly something about my configuration that could be preventing it from working? FYI, I'm running the site under IIS locally.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Are you unauthenticated ? I also need to check the compatibility with 1.3

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 2/3/2012 8:07 AM
To: Sebastien Ros
Subject: Nothing getting Cached [orchardcache:291224]

I installed the Cache module on a local Orchard 1.3 instance (Sebastien, this is a copy of the JobsBlog site on my local machine). The feature is enabled and I left everything at the default settings. It does not appear to be caching any pages however. Just anecdotaly refreshing the pages they don't seem to be getting served from the cache, and looking at the Statistics page in the dashboard it's not listing anything as being cached. Any idea what could be wrong, or is there possibly something about my configuration that could be preventing it from working? FYI, I'm running the site under IIS locally.

Thanks,
Kevin

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Doh! That was it. :-)  Sorry about that - I see now it says right in the description that it won't cache any authenticated content.

I was logged in so that I could look at the Statistics page in one tab while I browsed the site in the other. That obviously didn't work. :-) Once I logged out it started working fine. Thanks.